- 06-11-2014 PAM TO LAUNCH ACADEMIC PLATFORM IN THE MEDITERRANEAN – Catania (Italy), 11-12 December 2014
- 04-11-2014 PAM participates at Washington and Naples financial conferences
- 03-11-2014 “There are many ways to help transform our Mediterranean. We have a lot of work ahead of us, and this involves many stakeholders”: PAM Vice President, Hon. Pereira, at Anna Lindh Foundation 10th Anniversary
- 30-10-2014 “WE MUST ACT, AND WE MUST ACT NOW”, PAM SECRETARY GENERAL AT NAPLES EURO-MEDITERRANEAN EVENTS ON HUMAN RIGHTS
- 27-10-2014 Statement by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean on the occasion of the legislative election in Tunisia
- 23-10-2014 STUDENTS AT PAM INTERNSHIP VISIT THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF MALTA
- 21-10-2014 PAM TO STRENGHTEN COOPERATION WITH THE UN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
PAM TO LAUNCH ACADEMIC PLATFORM IN THE MEDITERRANEAN – Catania (Italy), 11-12 December 2014
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) is working at the establishment of its Academic Platform with the aim to facilitate interaction among National Parliaments, Universities, Research Centres and the productive sector.
The PAM Academic Platform will be launched on 11-12 December 2014, in Catania, Italy, at a dedicated International Conference which will be hosted by the Rector of the University of Catania. The meeting is intended to define the basics of the mechanism; to establish first contacts; propose projects and schedule future steps of the Platform; draw up a preliminary list of participants and partners, and specify their availability for future collaboration; build a working group focused on the issues of students’ mobility; set up a list of priorities for the future work-plan; delegate a focal point for each stakeholder, to simplify the communication and coordination of the project.
Stakeholders from different sectors can benefit, through the Academic Panel, from each other’s expertise in a goal-oriented manner, with the purpose of providing MPs with state of the state of art information on key issues and, on the other hand, provide Academia and the productive sector with direct access to decision makers.
Already in 2008, PAM adopted the “Fez Programme” which builds on a series of actions in the field of higher education aimed at fostering mutual cooperation and understanding amongst PAM Member States. It envisages, inter alia, the organization of meetings between PAM MPs, the productive sector, professors and students. The programme includes the creation of a “Summer School” in France in 2016, in collaboration with ‘The Observatoire Oceanologique de Villefranche-sur-Mer of the University of Paris-VI “Pierre et Marie Curie” UPMC – Sorbonne Universities’ and with major Euro-Mediterranean educational and training institutions.
The PAM Mediterranean Academic Platform will promote knowledge transfer in the region with the following objectives:
Creation of a regional knowledge exchange mechanism - Stimulation of regional cooperation among parliamentarians, Academia, and productive sector representatives - Facilitate mobility for professors and students in the Mediterranean region - Offer a hub enabling stakeholders to draw upon top expertise for activities on specific topics – Identify stakeholders’ areas of excellence.
Participation at the Catania event is coordinated by the PAM Secretariat which can be contacted for further details on +356 22 48 42 27 or via email at email@example.com.//
MEDIA INFORMATION: 45/2014
issued on: 06.11.2014