- 12-12-2016 Statement by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean on the terrorist attacks in Istanbul and Cairo
- 06-12-2016 PAM & PABSEC SHARE COMMON CHALLENGES
- 05-12-2016 PAM AT COUNTER TERRORISM SPECIAL MEETING IN NEW YORK
- 02-12-2016 PAM AND IPA CIS sign MoU in St. Petersburg -
- 01-12-2016 PAM MPs ATTEND DEDICATED MEETING AND BRIEFING AT THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS
- 29-11-2016 PAM SHARES ITS VISION AT THE UN CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE COP 22/CMP 12
- 07-11-2016 PAM Vice President at NATO-PA review of security challenges in the MENA region
Statement by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean on the terrorist attacks in Istanbul and Cairo
Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean
on the terrorist attacks in Istanbul and Cairo
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) unreservedly expresses its full condemnation of the terrorist attacks in Istanbul, Turkey, and in Cairo, Egypt.
The unrelenting escalation of terrorist acts on both shores of the Mediterranean, claiming the lives and injuring innocent civilian citizens, is not only causing a great sense of discomfort, but it is mainly jeopardising the hard work, many a time carried out in silence and hidden from the limelight, aimed at giving the region and its populations the necessary tools to prosper as a diverse community, based on mutual understanding and dialogue.
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean once again calls on all national institutions to challenge, as a united front, those elements of evil who are sowing the seeds of hatred and confrontation.
While condemning once again in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks, PAM sincerely offers its profound condolences to the victims, families and the Authorities and Parliaments of both Turkey and Egypt.
PAM will continue to work through its parliamentary diplomacy network and in cooperation with the UN Security Council, to support all initiatives aimed at promoting the rule of law and the respect of UN resolutions and recommendations to counter at its roots the politics of terrorism, which cannot be tolerated any further.
The Mediterranean people want to live in peace and harmony and their vision of a brighter future for the generations to come will prevail.
Malta, 12 December 2016