- 23-10-2014 STUDENTS AT PAM INTERNSHIP VISIT THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF MALTA
- 21-10-2014 PAM TO STRENGHTEN COOPERATION WITH THE UN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
- 21-10-2014 PAM AT THE VERONA ENERGY EFFICIENCY SUMMIT
- 17-10-2014 Energy, a motor for regional development, security and stability – PAM delegation meets MEDREG Steering Committee Members and EBRD
- 17-10-2014 PAM at NATO-PA meeting in Catania on Mediterranean and Middle East issues
- 02-10-2014 PAM delegation discusses forthcoming mission to the Middle East and implementation of joint UNSC/PAM Counter Terrorism parliamentary programme during mission to the 69th UN General Assembly in New York.
- 23-09-2014 PAM HIGH LEVEL DELEGATION AT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY IN NEW YORK
STUDENTS AT PAM INTERNSHIP VISIT THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF MALTA
A group of fifteen students attending the 6th Form in the Francesco Saverio Nitti Institute of Naples, paid a courtesy visit to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Dr Anġlu Farrugia.
These students are presently in Malta for a three week internship with the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean and one of the events in their internship included the visit to the House of Representatives. They were accompanied by one of their teachers, a logistics officer and Mr Martin Micallef from the General Secretariat of the PAM, who organised the visit.
Speaker Farrugia briefed the students about the history of Maltese Constitution and the various amendments which have been enacted so far. He also informed the students about the work of the House of Representatives, including Parliamentary Diplomacy.
He referred to the Parliamentary Assemblies in which the Maltese Parliamentarians participate, such as the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean, the Council of Europe and the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association.
Speaker Farrugia mentioned the close relationship between Malta and Italy, adding that Italy was one of the first countries to guarantee the neutrality of Malta when the British left in 1979.
At the end of his intervention, Speaker Farrugia answered questions put to him by the students.
MEDIA INFORMATION: Source - Dept. of Information Malta (PR 142434)
Issued on: 23.10.2014