- 06-12-2016 PAM & PABSEC SHARE COMMON CHALLENGES
- 05-12-2016 PAM AT COUNTER TERRORISM SPECIAL MEETING IN NEW YORK
- 02-12-2016 PAM AND IPA CIS sign MoU in St. Petersburg -
- 01-12-2016 PAM MPs ATTEND DEDICATED MEETING AND BRIEFING AT THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS
- 29-11-2016 PAM SHARES ITS VISION AT THE UN CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE COP 22/CMP 12
- 07-11-2016 PAM Vice President at NATO-PA review of security challenges in the MENA region
- 02-11-2016 PAM parliamentarians submit recommendations to the 5+5 Dialogue Forum of Ministers for Foreign Affairs
PAM & PABSEC SHARE COMMON CHALLENGES
Hon. Marija Janjušević and Hon. Tijana Davidovac members of the Parliament of Serbia, represented the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) at the 48th General Assembly of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (PABSEC), held in Belgrade on 29 November – 1 December 2016.
Hon Davidovac took the floor on behalf of PAM and reiterated the importance of the partnership with PABSEC, especially on those topics on which the two assemblies face common challenges. “Cooperation becomes crucial, because only by sharing experiences, common and effective solutions can be found at a national and regional level”, Hon. Davidovac said.
The Serb parliamentarian shared once again the interest of PAM in putting into practice the idea of organizing a joint parliamentary meeting in order to tackle shared issues, also in light of the Memorandum of Understanding signed by PAM and PABSEC secretaries general in November 2015.
PAM efforts aim at contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, and is convinced that Members of Parliaments have a major role to play in this process, where all actors involved must give their contribution, since only through joint and coordinated actions these ambitious objectives can be reached.
In line with the themes of the Assembly, Hon. Davidovac reminded the participants about the two upcoming events, namely, the one in Rome on 15 December 2016, organised by PAM in cooperation with the Italian Senate and the Ministry of Religious Affairs of Morocco, focusing on the fight against violent extremism through inter-religious dialogue, and the meeting in March 2017, organized at the request of the UN Security Council, aimed at evaluating how parliaments have received and transformed into legislation the relevant UNSC resolutions on Foreign Terrorist Fighters.//
MEDIA INFORMJATION: 33/2016
issued on 06.12.2016